Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jun 2008 03:51:12 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: catching process CPU and real time
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Jun 11, 4:09 am, james.s.mul...@GMAIL.COM (James Muller) wrote: > Hi list, > > I'm looking around for automatically-set macros taking the values of the CPU > time and real time of the last process (data step, etc). Nothing found so > far. I may be looking past it, but am getting the sense of having exhausted > most possibilities... > > I know I could set things up in a bunch of different ways to pull this > information out of a log, etc, but by a wide margin the best solution is to > handle it all internally in a SAS program, without requiring any files > written to disk along the way. > > Failing an automatically-set real time variable, do we have access to a > high-resolution calendar time variable direct in SAS? Keeping with the > internal thing I'd rather avoid calling external programs to obtain this. > > So, any thoughts? All appreciated- > > Cheers > > James

Could the SAS ARM Macros be used for this? I leave it as a question as I have never used them myself.