Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:00:11 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Richard Wright <richard.wright@DARS.STATE.TX.US>
Subject:   Re: %WINDOW

I've used %WINDOW a little, but if I'm going to use it, I prefer using WINDOW/DISPLAY in a data step. Basically, I use it for reading and validating parameters - years, months, files, that sort of stuff.

I define the window, then put the define in a do until() loop. Once each input variable is validated, I write it out to a data step and continue, or do something call execute and pass the variables to a macro.

The trouble I have with using the macro version is that it lacks a lot of the functions, one, and two is restricted to character, when sometimes you want to do number stuff.