Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:29:03 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   clay_wells@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject:   PROC SQL question
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how to select all columns of a table except one? Many times I work with PHI and want to create a data set consisting of a real patient ID number and a “fake” ID number linked to the real one. So I create another table containing both, then drop the real one, usually in a DATA step. I would like to do this in SQL somehow without having to type all the column names. Essentially I would like to say “SELECT * except RealID FROM TABLE…”

Any ideas?

Thanks.