Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:53:47 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Pardee, Roy" <pardee.r@GHC.ORG>
Subject:      Re: SQL Enterprise connection question

Here's what I use here, where we have sas/access for OLEDB and ODBC licensed on different platforms:

libname mssql ODBC required = "DRIVER=SQL Server;Trusted_Connection=Yes;DATABASE=CHCR;SERVER=ctrhs-dbserver" ;

libname mssql OLEDB provider=SQLOLEDB datasource='ctrhs-dbserver' properties=("Integrated Security"=SSPI "Initial Catalog"=Pathology) DBMAX_TEXT=8000 ;

You'll need to change those server & catalog/db names of course.

Also, FWIW--*SAS* should not need the libname to have any particular name--you should be able to call them whatever you like. You may have SAS code that uses a particular name, but I don't think there's anything magic about that.

HTH,

-Roy

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ben Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:45 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SQL Enterprise connection question

Hi all,

Where I'm working we currently create several DTS packages for each of studies in SQL Enterprise to create different csv files of the study data. We have SAS/ACCESS licence and I am looking to use this to read the SQL tables direct to SAS to create an instant data cut.

I've tried looking this up but it seems I need to use a libname statement defined as 'sqlsvr'. My problem though is I don't know what options I need or how to reference the databases from here. Can anyone give me an overview on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance!

Ben