Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:00:56 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Lane, Jim" <jim.lane@RBC.COM>
Subject:      How to selectively change formats with PROC REPORT

Hi, All

I have a PROC REPORT job as follows

proc report data=work.tp nowd style(report)={outputwidth=100%}; column item instance, v; define item / group ""; define instance / across "TSM Instance" ; define v / "" format=9.1; by loc; run;

For certain values of item the corresponding value of v is actually a time in seconds. For those rows I'd like to be able to print the output as HH:MM:SS and for all other rows just print v as a number. In fact v is really a display variable but PROC REPORT won't let me define that below an across variable so I'm jumping through hoops here. Is there a way to make this work with a compute block? I know I can use CALL DEFINE to set a format. Is that the way to do this? Is there a simpler or more direct way to format a display variable under an across variable?

TIA

-Jim Lane

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.