Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:57:41 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wensui Liu <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: read-only macro code
Comments: To: "jlee8071@gmail.com" <jlee8071@gmail.com>

Hi, Lee, if you just want to distribute the macro and don't want others to change it, you can compile your macro into a catalog file and distribute the catalog file instead of code.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM, jlee8071@gmail.com <jlee8071@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear SAS users, > > I have written a long macro program that I want to distribute to other > people for general use. > > Is there a way to protect my macro code from being copied or edited? > perhaps as a read-only file but one that cannot be converted back to > normal file subjected to copying/editing. > > I still want the macro to run of course. Thank you so much for the > help. > > chris >

-- =============================== WenSui Liu Acquisition Risk, Chase Email : wensui.x.liu@chase.com Blog : statcompute.spaces.live.com ===============================