Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:37:40 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sandra Delova <sandra.delova@gmail.com>
Subject:      percentiles

Hi All,

I need 25th and 75th percentile of a variable in a database, but only using the weighted average definition 1. I wrote this code:

SORT CASES BY BCI_DIN CMB_TERR_ID. SPLIT FILE BY BCI_DIN CMB_TERR_ID. EXAMINE VARIABLES=DOLLARS__RHEUM BY MONTH /PLOT NONE /PERCENTILES(25,75) HAVERAGE /STATISTICS NONE /MISSING LISTWISE /NOTOTAL.

but still I am getting the results by Weighted Average(Definition 1) and Tukey's Hinges.

I am beginner in SPSS and I can't figure out how to get the results without Tukey's Hinges.

P.S. i am sorry for sending this email before as a reply to another topic.