Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:17:45 +0530
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ajay ohri <ohri2007@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Making you think (was Re: A powerpoint slide show comparing R
              with SAS and SPSS_
Comments: To: Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com>

1) people 's thinking /confidence levels in statistics may be distributed on a normal distribution curve

2) a little knowledge is a dangerous thing ........................unless confronted with zero knowledge /marketing people. then it becomes a profitable thing.

3) most people are forced to do their own statistics when their boss tells them they cant upgrade to the latest software version yet or hire an external stats consultant

4) there are lies ,there are true lies and there are statistics (borrowed)

5) statistics is like a bikini - what they reveal is not as important as what they conceal (borrowed)

6) three statisticians went hunting. they saw a deer. one shot an arrow 3 ft to the left, one shot an arrow 3 ft to the right.

the third statistician jumped and said " we got him, we got him ".

lol