Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:02:34 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Schwarz, Barry A" <barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Reverse Diag function?

DO i = 1 TO 3; B[i] = A[i,i];

-----Original Message----- From: P. Cristian Gugiu [mailto:crisgugiu@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:49 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Reverse Diag function?

Hi all,

I have diagonal matrix that I would like to transform into a column matrix. I there a simple IML function that does this?

So, if |1 0 0| A = |0 2 0| |0 0 3|

I would like a function or a quick way if a function does not exist to generate a new column matrix based on the diagonal elements of A.

|1| B = |2| |3|

Thanks, Cristian