Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:30:17 +0530
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ajay ohri <ohri2007@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS and R graphics side by side?
Comments: To: RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com>

Hi,

You can look at the source code of the following package for importing SAS datasets (HMISC ..it uses get.sas)...also csv format is agood intermediate between SAS and R.....it might help you give a start too

As for graphics.if you are a R beginner..PLEASE do download the GUI *rattle or Rcmdr..but rattle from www.rattle.togaware is better ) , it auto generates the code in the log when you click and say distribution plots (for example)

Regards,

Ajay

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:54 PM, RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com> wrote: > On Jul 6, 6:14 pm, savian...@GMAIL.COM (Alan Churchill) wrote: >> SQL Server Express is free and supports databases up to 4GB per instance. It >> can also be packaged and used commercially w/o licensing fees. >> >> XML should also be considered for any intermediate or transport type of >> files. > > I agree. I'll try to get R to read XML creates by sas. > >> Alan >> >> Alan Churchill >> Savianwww.savian.net >