Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:40:34 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dietrich Alte <alte@UNI-GREIFSWALD.DE>
Subject:      Change/update/modify existing Oracle tables with the SAS data step

Dear SAS-lers,

BACKGROUND: We are using oracle (with a web-frontend) as backend for data-entry in a large epidemiological study. SAS used to be our fine tool for data cleaning and finishing for scientic use of the data in the past. We have several personnell, who ara good in SAS, but don't know any "oracle". So now we are discussing with the oracle heads, whether and how we can change/update/modify existing oracle tables from SAS using the data step.

AIM: We want to use SAS and the data step for all the nice features, but work on oracle tables as if working with SAS-tables. How do people "normally" change existing oracle tables from SAS?

SYSTEM: It is SAS 9.1 on WIN-XP. We have licensed access to oracle, access to odbc etc.

Any hints welcome!

Regards

Dietrich

-- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut für Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universität Greifswald - Medizinische Fakultät Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684