Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:41:05 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:   RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence was retained.
From:   Don Henderson <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: www.sascommunity.org
Comments:   To: Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1@WESTAT.COM>

I have been observing these discussions with great interest and have tried to not comment on a point by point basis.

But Sig's question is something I would like to comment on.

One of the things that the EB responsible for the conference is looking into is moving the Proceedings to sasCommunity.org so presenters can upload new versions of their presentations - for reasons like what Sig notes below. We would also like to support allowing users to create pages that reference their presentations (e.g., ones that are given repeatedly for example) where they could provide links to the various PDFs (e.g., presented at different conferences) as well as (at their option) their PowerPoints, sample code, data, etc.

Regards, Donh (SAS-L Member, Member of the EB for the SAS Global Users Group, and one of the SYSOPs for sasCommunity.org)

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Sigurd Hermansen Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: www.sascommunity.org

Lex: .. and we appreciate the simplicity of the site and the power that it gives users. It would help to be able to archive PowerPoint or other documents and link them to a conference paper.

While I have you on the line, I'd appreciate hearing how to handle corrections of or errata for a SGF paper. During preparation of expanded Evaluating Predictive Modeling papers for SESUG 2008 (Mining the Past, Seeing the Future section), I noticed an error in the summary version of the concordance c macro program in the paper. It amounts to but a one-character error, but it produces a smaller than correct c statistic value when summaries of outcomes and predictions have larger multiples and larger than correct c statistic value when summaries have few or small multiples.

I believe that I have seen corrected versions of papers in the past, but can't locate one now as an example. Please advise how to initiate a correction. Thanks, S

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lex Jansen Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:28 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: www.sascommunity.org

My site (www.lexjansen.com) is by design not a SAS community site. The proceedings part is simply a user interface to SAS conference proceedings (partly hosted by me), mashed up with Google search. I like to keep it that simple. A thing that I have been thinking about adding is that authors could add Powerpoints, codes, ... I have not found a good way of doing this yet, other then solliciting for it on SAS-L (which hardly gives any response).

Lex

On Jul 29, 10:35 am, mlhow...@avalon.net (Mary) wrote: > > Perhaps we could persuade Lex to rename his site to be > =www.sascommunity.org, and perhaps to have him add other articles that