Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:22:23 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: Formating a Macro value ??

> From: SAS_learner > > Data test ; > time = %sysfunc(datetime()); > Format time datetime20.; > call symput('time', time ); > Run; > proc printto log="&logdir.mntx3301_lis_log_&time..txt" new ; > run; > Proc Print ; > Run; > > The Purpose is get a log file with the date and time so that > I know what is > log that has been run when ?? but some how using above code > dose result in > formatted value of macro time. What is that I am missing ??

you already have a suggestion using %sysfunction datetime20. which will not work since DOS will not accept a filename with a colon in it.

if you want to use the system date and time which is accurate to minutes.

> proc printto log="&logdir.mntx3301_lis_log_&SysDate-%sysfunc(translate(&SysTime.,-,:) ).txt" new ;

AUTOMATIC SYSDATE 31JUL08 AUTOMATIC SYSDATE9 31JUL2008 AUTOMATIC SYSTIME 13:16

you can use the job start time which is in the first hex16. chars of SysProcessId

AUTOMATIC SYSPROCESSID 41D6D86CAD0126E94020000000000000

> proc printto log="&logdir.mntx3301_lis_log_%substr(&SysProcessId.,1,16)).txt" new ;

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov