Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Aug 2008 07:59:16 +1000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rhonda Boorman <rboorman@tpg.com.au>
Subject:      FW: Bar Graph

Hi ViAnn My data is organised as one variable for pre and one variable for post, for the same item on the survey. The survey contained 25 items, and it was completed once prior to the intervention and once following the intervention. Rhonda

-----Original Message----- From: ViAnn Beadle [mailto:vab88011@gmail.com] Sent: Monday, 25 August 2008 7:35 AM To: 'Rhonda Boorman' Cc: SPSSX-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: RE: Bar Graph

How are your data organized? What do your two variables represent, different items in a survey or one variable for pre and on variable for post? Or something else? Data organization is everything when trying choosing the appropriate syntax for charts.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Rhonda Boorman Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 3:27 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Bar Graph

I am trying to create a bar graph but cannot get it to display what I want.

The data is a survey with a scale of 1 to 4, which was completed twice (pre and post). I want to compare the response scale for pre and post for each item. I want one graph for each survey item, and the columns to be the response scale (1 to 4), divided into pre and post, and the rows will be the frequency of responses.

I want it to look like a histogram divided by categories, but in this case divided into 2 different variables.