Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Aug 2008 18:04:55 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to add repeated ID - data management
Comments: To: jn_mao@yahoo.com

Jane: Please be more specific: - is the large data file a text file, a SAS dataset, or other? - do you have an electronic version of a report or display that has a header with an ID followed by lines of data related to that ID? - do you have a way to show the before and after row structure? (In my copy of the e-mail, the data lines run together.) S

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of jn mao Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 4:52 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to add repeated ID - data management

Hello SAS-Ls,I have a large data file. Each patient has multiple line of his disease, but each patient has only one ID on the 1st line. I need to add his IDto all his disease lines. How do I add the ID to all lines in SAS code? And patients have differentnumber of lines, some have 3 and some have only 1.My data format is below:ID var1 var21 ER A ER B ED C2 ER D OP EWhat I need is below:ID Var1 var21 ER A1 ER B1 ED C2 ER D2 OP E Thanks much!Jane