Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:10:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Randy Herbison <RandyHerbison@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Browse button in SAS/AF
Comments: To: "Wall, Steven" <steve.wall@PIONEER.COM>

Steve,

Here's are a couple of examples that use the FILEDIALOG function.

btnFdlgWORDinput and btnFdlgWORDoutput are push button controls. txtWORDinput and txtWORDoutput are text entry controls. The FILEDIALOG function is for external files. Use OPENSASFILEDIALOG and SAVESASFILEDIALOG functions for SAS files.

The filedialog appears when the user pushes the respective push button. If the user makes a selection from the dialog, the selection appears in the text entry control. The user can also enter

-Randy

btnFdlgWORDinput: if rbxInputFiles.selectedItem=:'S' then rc=filedialog('OPEN',fileSelection,'','','*.doc'); else rc=filedialog('AGGREGATE',fileSelection,'',''); if fileSelection ne ' ' then txtWORDinput.text=fileSelection; return;

btnFdlgWORDoutput: fileSelection=' '; if rbxOutputFiles.selectedItem=:'M' then rc=filedialog('AGGREGATE',fileSelection); else rc=filedialog('SAVEAS',fileSelection,'','','*.rtf'); if fileSelection ne ' ' then txtWORDoutput.text=fileSelection; return;

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Wall, Steven Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 4:30 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Browse button in SAS/AF

SAS-L:

Tired of the trial and error method, so I'll ask for some direction. I want to create a SAS/AF frame with a text entry field for file path. The user could choose to type in the full path or click on a 'Browse' button that would allow them to click through to the folder of choice and have that final folder path be automatically written into the text entry field. Seems like it should be easy, but everything I've tried has failed miserably. I'm also interested in the same sort of thing where the final result is a folder/file, but I'm assuming that would follow pretty simply after the other request is answered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just learning AF so be gentle.

Thanks.

Steve

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean