Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:22:19 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: General Lab data question
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Aug 21, 5:16 pm, Al <ali6...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have a lab dataset with lab values,low range values and high > range values taken for magnesium , sodium , pottasium etc ..i was > asked to define the grades based on the lab values collected, so i > went to this website . > > http://ctep.cancer.gov/reporting/ctc_v30.html > > and found pdf file CTCAEv3 in which they have all the formulas to > define grade(Grade1 thru Grade 5 ).. and for all the labtests they > have two sets of formulas > > example , magnesium doesnt say just magensium follwed by formula ,it > says > magnesium high followed by formula > magnesium low followed by formula ... > > so my question is which one (Magnesium high or Magnesium Low ) should > i be using , since in my database i have only magnesium > > I hope i am successful in explaining the question > Thanks in advance

If the value is below the low value then use the low formula. If it is above the high value then use the high formula.