Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:43:44 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Patrick <patrick.matter@GMX.CH>
Subject:   Re: Bayesian analysis/shrinkage
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi Kunal

Not that I understand anything about this method but just by spending two minutes with Google (and there is more):

http://support.sas.com/rnd/app/da/bayesproc.html http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi29/191-29.pdf http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/events/pastmtg/2007/serbayes/docs/ser2007_amy.pdf http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/epidemiology/Joseph/courses/EPIB-621/aicbic.pdf

Of course: You will need to have the appropriate SAS modules licensed at your site (SAS/Stat for sure). It's a bit nasty that SAS EG (the client) shows you SAS procedures which might or might not be licensed on the SAS server - that's a SAS marketing thing which I personally find rather ....

There is of course always the possibility to code everything in SAS datasteps - but this might become too complicated for your purpouses (as I said: I have no clue about this method).

HTH Patrick