Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:05:46 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sigurd Hermansen <SigurdHermansen@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Can I avoid this Note "format native to another host "
Comments: To: SAS_learner <proccontents@GMAIL.COM>

It is OK to ignore this warning unless and until you have a problem with using additional CPU resources or with performance reduction. Not generally a problem with relatively small datasets (<100,000 obs)....

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of SAS_learner Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:38 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Can I avoid this Note "format native to another host "

Hello all,

I am getting following note when I am using the datasets that are generated on VMS Operating System. I am using them for my analysis on windows.Is it Okay to Ignore the note or Can I do to get away with this note.

NOTE: Data file S_IMPORT.SD.DATA is in a format native to another host or the file encoding does not match the session encoding. Cross Environment Data Access will be used, which may require additional CPU resources and reduce performance. Run;