Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:15:37 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Sierra Info Services <sfbay0001@AOL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Only Chi Square Value
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi....

I am glad that others, primarily Art T., were able to provide Lokesh with insights/solutoins to this problem.

I'd like, however, to clarify a couple of points, please.

First, the ODS TRACE ON/ODS TRACE OFF commands do not impact what tables/objects are generated by PROC steps and subsequently "handed off" to the Output Delivery System. These commands just write the table name info in to the SASLOG. Using ODS TRACE ON/LISTING; (which I prefer) writes the table info in to the LISTING destiantion (i.e., your output window). A third approach to finding the table names is to look in the Procedure documentation; all ODS-compliant procedures list the tables it can produce in the "ODS Table Names" sub-chapter.

So, ODS TRACE ON/ODS TRACE OFF is not required to obtain the desired output.

Examples of these three approaches are presented in my "Steps to Success with the SAS Output Delivery System" tutorial, copies of which as a PDF are available for free download from the "User Group Presentations" section of my web site at http://www.sierrainformation.com

Second, using an ODS SELECT or ODS EXCLUDE statement "picks" the procedure-generated tables that will be generated and handed off to ODS for subsequent processing. These statements do not control the contents of these tables. The contents of the tables are controlled by Procedure-specific defaults and options.

Last, you can select the "parts" (rows and/or columns) of the procedure generated tables when you use the OUTPUT destination to have ODS "deliver" them to a permanent or temporary SAS data set. The "selecting" or "shaping" is accomplished by using a KEEP or DROP data set option to pick the columns/variables and/or a WHERE clause data set opption to pick the rows you want in the output data set. As a practical matter, it's probably best to run through this process once WITHOUT a KEEP/DROP or WHERE clause so you understand what the default contents of the data set is BEFORE you go about "shaping it" to your exact needs.

Hope this helps...

Andrew Karp Sierra Information Servics http://www.sierrainformation.com

On Aug 31, 11:30�pm, Lokesh <vyom...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey thanks I got it done, using ods select. > > Thanks a lot > > Lokesh