Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:43:40 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oracle Bulk Update
Comments: To: Patrick <patrick.matter@GMX.CH>

Patrick,

You should be able to execute any Oracle command that you want by putting it inside an "execute" statement, like this:

proc sql; connect to oracle (user=user password=pw path=xe); execute (drop table "OPH_TABLE") by oracle; execute (create table "OPH_TABLE" as select * from "mhn_master_numbers" where "mhn_full_nbr" like '%OPH%') by oracle; disconnect from oracle; quit;

So if you know the command for a bulk insert, you can put it in parenthesis in an execute statement; sorry, I haven't done a bulk insert in Oracle and thus don't have the exact command for doing one.

If what you are trying to do is to load a SAS data set to Oracle, sometimes using a libname statement is easier, such as:

libname myoracle oracle user=user password=pw path=xe preserve_tab_names=yes;

proc datasets library=myoracle; delete mds_master_data_set; run;

data myoracle.master_data_set; set work.master_data_set; run;

Note that my "path" above is for Oracle Express (xe); your path will probably be different.

-Mary

----- Original Message ----- From: Patrick To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:46 PM Subject: Oracle Bulk Update

Hi All I know how to bulk load from SAS to Oracle. I saw now lately on the Internet commands like bulk update, bulk insert and bulk collect (often within pl/sql). Does one of you know if this commands are available from within SAS - or have even a little sample? All help appreciated Patrick