Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:15:17 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Don Henderson <donaldjhenderson@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      We've lost a colleague

All,

I wanted to make the SAS-L community aware of some news I got today (as a member of the SAS Global Users Group Exec Board).

Kim Johnson, David Johnson's wife, just informed the folks responsible for the conference that David passed away on August 24 at age 52 from a brain tumor. He died peacefully at home with his family. They had a celebration of his life on August 27.

For those of you who don't know, David was a regular SAS-L contributor as well as a section chair for SUGI and SAS Global Forum, and was very well respected in the SAS and SAS Global Forum community.

If you would like to send condolences to Kim, she can be reached by email at "kim AT dkvj DOT com" (she asked that this information with anyone who would like to know this sad news).

And note that I purposely did not mark this as OT because I wanted to make sure that no one misses this because they ignore OT posts.

Don Henderson Don.Henderson@hcsbi.com http://www.hcsbi.com (301) 570-5530 (office) (301) 980-9027 (cell)