Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:08:04 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <gerhard.hellriegel@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: Export Data to Excel in Unix

There are several ways to bring data to EXCEL. One is to export to a CSV file, e.g. with delimiter ";". The results are not too nice, but the data should be readable in EXCEL. What EXCEL can deal very good with, is HTML. Why don't you write your data in a nice HTML report with ODS and read that in EXCEL? All the attributes, colors, traffic lighting, ... are transported with that. You can even try to exchange the extension HTML to XLS, so with a double click EXCEL is opened instead of a browser. If you really want pure data to EXCEL (what about column headers? EXCEL is no DB, where do you know from, what the data should mean?), just take a OPTIONS PS=9999 LS=250; PROC PRINT data=... NOOBS; RUN; Gerhard