Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:32:36 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dennis Tomashek <dennist2@UWM.EDU>
Subject:      merging databases with dates

I have to sas databases that I need to merge. It is a many-to-many merge, and thus need to use dates as two of the matching variables. The problem is that one database has a $8 format (yyyymmdd), and the other has a $7 format (yyyydaycount). SO Feb 5, 2008 would look like '20080205' in the first database, and 2008036 in the second. Can I reformat one of the databases, or convert both using an extraction and mdy process? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you