Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:34:47 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "./ ADD NAME=Data _null_," <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The mystery of the SAS import wizard and the new printer
Comments: To: "Swank, Paul R" <Paul.R.Swank@uth.tmc.edu>

Is this similar to your problem?

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/002.html

On 10/21/08, Swank, Paul R <Paul.R.Swank@uth.tmc.edu> wrote: > Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet that they wanted me to do some > analysis on. Fine. I import excel files into SAS all the time. Not so > fast. It wouldn't import it. Kept giving me a libname error. One of my > colleagues said he had had a similar problem one time when he was > printing to a printer that was not his default. Mine was set to the > default printer. Just for fun, because I had recently changed my > default printer, changed to the original default printer. Now I could > import the file! But if I change the default printer back to the new > printer, I can't import the file. Is this just an alpha printer that > doesn't want to be forsaken or is there some reason for this? > > > > Paul > > > > Paul R. Swank, Ph.D > > Professor and Director of Research > > Children's Learning Institute > > University of Texas Health Science Center > > Houston, TX 77038 > > >