Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:38:50 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ben Murphy <murphy.ben@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Proc Import
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 24, 6:17 am, gola...@GMAIL.COM (Alex Murphy) wrote: > Hi, > > There is no problem for your code. However, do you have the license > SAS/Access? > > Regards, > Murphy > > > > On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM, <kunal.st...@gmail.com> wrote: > > On Oct 24, 10:53 am, gola...@GMAIL.COM (Alex Murphy) wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Can you elaborate more about the file that you are working on? > > > > Regards, > > > Murphy > > > > On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM, <kunal.st...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Can't I use proc Import to import data (excel 2003) in SAS Enterprise > > > > Guide? Can you help me with the code as I tried running it but its not > > > > working- Hide quoted text - > > > > - Show quoted text - > > > I want to import a xls data file to SAS Enterprise guide using proc > > Import statement.I have used the same code for PC SAS and it works > > well but in SAS enterprise guide its giving error messege. Below is > > the code : > > > proc import datafile="C:\Kunal D\datafile.xls" > > out=outdata > > dbms=excel97 > > replace; > > getnames=yes; > > run; > > > Help me on this. > > > Thanks- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

You may also be getting an error message because the server that EG is running on does not have the file specified on the C:\ drive. For example, in many corporate workplaces, it is unlikely that the EG is running on the local server, in which case this code in PC SAS will hit your local C:\ drive but on EG will be looking on the C:\ drive of the host server. Hope that helps.