Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:58:34 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Add Timestamp to dataset's name
Comments: To: sas 9 bi user <sas9bi@GMAIL.COM>

This is a little longer, but gives you more control over the format; note that you can't have a slash in a dataset name as in your example, but you certainly could manipulate the date2_char variable I've got below to put some more underscores in it or use other date and time formats.

data dummy1; informat date2_char $50.; date2_char=compress('b_' || put(date(),yymmdd7.) || '_' || compress(put(time(),tod9.2),':'),' '); call symput('datasetname',date2_char); run; %put &datasetname;

data &datasetname; stop; run;

-Mary ----- Original Message ----- From: sas 9 bi user To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 12:15 AM Subject: Add Timestamp to dataset's name

All -

Say I have

data b; set a; run;

I want to add a timestamp to B. When I try to do the below it errors out.

data b_&systfunc( datetime() ); set a; run;

This is what I would like B to be named as:

b_10/27/2008_12:14AM

Note - Date/time is what sysfunc generates at time of call (so the above is at the time of this email writing for example).

Any ideas?

Thanks!