Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:06:21 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Q: Batch run of many sas programs on Windows
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Oct 22, 7:43 pm, Bob Burnham <bob.burn...@gmail.com> wrote: > > How about my first article being "Welcome to MS-DOS (and gawk)"? Is > > there a demand for such a thing? > > One last thought on this... if you have gawk installed under Cygwin, > how about using the 'find' command too and skipping the entire batch > file process? For example: > > find . -name '*.sas' -exec sas -nosplash -nologo -icon -sysin {} \; > > That command, which I just tested under Cygwin, will invoke SAS on > each file with a .sas extension as if you had run each one from the > command line. > > Bob

Thanks, that is very useful. The trouble is the CROs and pharmas using MS-DOS are going to be reluctant to do their batch runs from a Cygwin window, although they might be persuaded to call Cygwin utilities from the MS-DOS window. The above won't work from an MS-DOS window (or it didn't when I tried it).