Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:15:28 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sheila Willis <swillis@WAYXCABLE.COM>
Subject:      Ware Co. winter arrival & hawk feast

Hey folks,

Hope you are fine. It has been a bit overcast today down here.

Wanted to add that I got a nice little female BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER bathing in my backyard yesterday (11/3) for my FOTS. Today, there was an immature RED-SHOULDERED HAWK feasting on something (apparently a bird) in my neighbor's yard. The hawk didn't pay me any attention, it just kept ripping that flesh & gulping it down. It was sitting in the open in a large grassy yard near a feeder. Strangely, the other birds were visiting the nearby feeder & acting as if the hawk wasn't even there! This is all in Waycross, Ware Co.

Take care. Sincerely, Sheila Willis Native American-Naturalist Talks & Tours Waycross, Ware Co., GA