Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:43:10 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Adriano Rodrigues <adriano@GPP.COM.BR>
Subject:      SAS chess problem :-)

Hi all,

Small joke, but my data from games I played is something like this:

data chess;

input white $10. elowhite black $10. eloblack resw resb;

datalines;

Rodrigues 2305 Rocha 2105 1 0

Rodrigues 2305 Lima 2455 0.5 0.5

Watanabe 2400 Rodrigues 2305 0.5 0.5

Asfora 2270 Rodrigues 2305 0 1

Rodrigues 2305 Sunye 2485 0 1

;

run;

proc print;

run;

I want sort and print all games in this order:

Rodrigues 2305 Lima 2455 0.5 0.5

Rodrigues 2305 Rocha 2105 1 0

Rodrigues 2305 Sunye 2485 0 1

Asfora 2270 Rodrigues 2305 0 1

Watanabe 2400 Rodrigues 2305 0.5 0.5

(all me with white first, then all me with black)

Is there a way in proc sort to order by white but telling to procedure I am the first one?

What I did until today is to change my name to AAARodrigues and then use one format to put my name back…

Thanks,

Adriano

Adriano Rodrigues

Estatístico Responsável