Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:27:26 +0530
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alex S <alex4sas@YAHOO.CO.IN>
Subject:      Help in SQL Join

Hi All,    I have an issue with SQL. i am not sure which join i should use to get correct output. I have two data sets namely T1 ( Fields:Num & Name) and T2 ( Fields:Num & State).In data set t1 has 4 observation and T2 has 3 observation. I want to create a new data set which should have Num, Name and State. The joining key is Num and filter condition is if state="CO" then i should not write this observation.   Here is my code:   data T1; input Num 3. Name $4.; cards; 101Alex 102Raja 103Guru 104Ramu ;   data T2; input Num 3. State $2.; cards; 101MN 103CO 104NJ ;   Proc sql; Create table output as Select A.*,B.*  From T1 A left join T2 B on A.Num=B.Num  And B.State not in ("CO"); Quit;

Output; Num Name  State 101 Alex MN 102 Raja 103 Guru 104 Ramu NJ

What i want is Num Name  State 101 Alex MN 102 Raja 104 Ramu NJ

I guess i am not using the correct join to get my desire output. Thank you in advance for your help   Thanks 'n' Regards alex .S. Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/