Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:28:06 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Marks, Jim" <Jim.Marks@lodgenet.com>
Subject:      Re: Extracting Time

If your variable is an SPSS datetime format:

COMPUTE timepart = xdate.time(start_time). FORMAT timepart (time6).

This will give you the time formatted as hh:mm.

I don't think 1:30 is a valid format for 1:30 pm in SPSS-- you could create a string to look like that, but I'm not sure if that would help.

Jim Marks Director of Market Research x 1616

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Keval Khichadia Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:01 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Extracting Time

Hi,

I have a variable Start_Time that includes the date and time of the starting time of a class. All values are in the format (10-OCT-2008 13:50:00). I would like to create a new variable that keeps only the time part and also format the time so that 13:50 would be 1:50.

Thanks in advance,

Keval