Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:38:03 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Changing system options from within a DATA step
Comments: To: rsmphotography@GMAIL.COM

System options (most of them, anyway) can be changed only at step boundaries, not within a step. "When you specify a SAS system option setting, the setting applies to the next step and to all subsequent steps for the duration of the SAS session, or until you reset", <http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/docMainpage.jsp >.

Also, it's not generally good practice to accept the default name when you create a new data set, as in the code below. If you don't want to create an output data set, use data _null_.

-- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram