Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:00:17 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Abhay Kaushik <abhaykaushik@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Weighted Average Return

Hi,

I am running a OLS regression. My sample period covers 120 months (10 years period). My dataset is sorted on dates (months). I want to estimate weighted average return of each firm. In other words, I have a variable, Size, and I want to add the size of all the firms in each month and then estimate weight of each firm and then multiply weight with return of each firm to estimate weighted average return.

Can anyone suggest any macro (loop) to apply to SAS program to estimate weighted average return by months?

Thanks