Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:36:17 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: ISPF for Windows SAS Display Manager

UltraEdit, bless its little heart, has two different FIND functions, "Find" and "Find in Files"

"Find" works as Ron describes - it opens dialog box listing all the lines containing the search text. You can click on a line and the cursor will move to the line in the editor window, or you can copy all the lines to the clipboard.

"Find in Files" is similar, but it lists the lines in a docked window rather than a floating dialog box. It can search in the files you have open, or in the files in a directory (and optionally files whose names match a pattern, and files in subdirectories).

It's a powerful combination of features.

-- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Videtis illam spirare libertatis auram