Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Dec 2008 02:10:26 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Scott Bass <sas_l_739@YAHOO.COM.AU>
Subject:      Metadata Utility - find all table objects in a particular
              metadata folder

Hi,

From the SAS Manglement Console, click Tools --> Metadata Utility

From the Get Metadata Objects tab:

Type: PhysicalTable NameSpace: SAS No flags clicked

Click Execute

Ok, this gives me all the table objects in the repository.

But what would I put in Options that would return "All table objects contained in folder FOO"?

For example, if I click on a library in "SAS Libraries", I see all the imported table metadata objects, and their associated folder in the Folder column.

I only want to return those objects in a desired folder, since I have many duplicate table object names in my repository.

Bonus points for a query that returns "All table objects associated with libref MYLIB".

I've searched for SUGI papers on this subject, but haven't found the one that makes it all click. I just can't seem to get the syntax SAS has come up with for searching for metdata objects (is this some industry standard for metadata queries?)

Thanks, Scott