Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:57:50 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         z.chrysalis8@GMAIL.COM
Subject:      how to control library permission if the library is assigned in
              autoexec
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi,

I am having problem giving read/ write permission to a library in SMC. I gave read only access to a user for a library. But when the user login using EG, the user is able to read and write to the library. I suspect is because of the library assignment in autoexec file as when the library assignment is removed from autoexec, the permission given is working alright.

The problem is the library assignment in autoexec is needed for other SAS programs. It would be troublesome to change this. Is there other workaround to control library permission with library assignment in autoexec?

Thank you.