Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:50:29 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ViAnn Beadle <vab88011@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: date range function

Use the date function to test for specific dates. For example,

If datevar ge date.mdy(1,1,2009) and datevar lt date.mdy(4,1,2009) quarternumber=1.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Gene Maguin Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:29 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: date range function

Barbara,

I am pretty sure there is not a specific function. But, and remembering that dates are stored as the number of seconds since a specific date, an If statement would do what you want.

Gene Maguin