Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:29:48 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Orlando Villella <orlando.villella@gmail.com>
Subject:      Confirmatory v Exploratory Factor Analysis (Principle Component
              Analysis)

Could you help shed some light on a situation please?

We have an instrument that was used in an organizational setting and has since been adapted for use with a different population. The confusion seems to be that since a CFA was done in the first studies with this instrument in an organizational setting, that CFA is appropriate with the adapted insturment for use with families. Or, would Expoloratory Factor Analysis be more appropriate since we don't know at all if this instrument would be useful with a dramatically different population?

Any help you could offer would be most welcome. Orlando