Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:49:39 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         alice temu <temualice@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Re: Crosstabs

Dear Jonny,

thanks for your help. My problem is giving (computing) the variable Y (from continuous values), a value (based on pregnant and non pregnant references)

Pregnant: < 11, >= 11

Non pregnant: < 12, >=12

I tried to compute and run frequencies and crosstabs, see below. The values got mixed up. How can I better attempt this test.

Thanks again, Alice.

IF (((RecPregNow = 0 & hemogl >= 12) | (RecPregNow >= 1 & hemogl >= 11))) testheamanpre = 1 . VARIABLE LABELS testheamanpre 'test heamoglobin anemia pregnancy' . EXECUTE . IF (((RecPregNow = 0 & hemogl < 12) | (RecPregNow >= 1 & hemogl < 11))) testheamanpre = 2 . EXECUTE .

FREQUENCIES VARIABLES=testheamanpre /STATISTICS=SUM /BARCHART FREQ /ORDER= ANALYSIS .

CROSSTABS /TABLES=testheamanpre BY hamlet /FORMAT= AVALUE TABLES /STATISTIC=CHISQ CORR /CELLS= COUNT ROW COLUMN TOTAL /COUNT ROUND CELL .

________________________________ From: Johnny Amora <bayesian2001@yahoo.com> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Monday, January 5, 2009 9:30:02 PM Subject: Re: Crosstabs

Hi Alice,

To do crosstabs you should have the variables in your data set. The variables should be in the columns. In your case, you should have, say, X variable with values pregnant and non pregnant; and Y variable with values anemic and non-anemic. Suppose you have 5 respondents, your data set should have three columns as follows:

Respondent X Y A pregnant anemic B nonpregnant nonanemic C nonpregnant anemic D pregnant anemic E pregnant nonanemic

Then run the following syntax to produce the crosstabs and chisquare statistics:

CROSSTABS /TABLES= X BY Y /FORMAT= AVALUE TABLES /STATISTIC=CHISQ /CELLS= COUNT /COUNT ROUND CELL .

Hope this helps, Johnny

--- On Tue, 1/6/09, alice temu <temualice@yahoo.com> wrote: From: alice temu <temualice@yahoo.com> Subject: Crosstabs To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: Tuesday, 6 January, 2009, 10:06 AM

Dear all,

Happy New Year.

I have a question on Crosstabs in SPSS I would like to run one variable (Hb) with two different cutoff points (reference limits)

I would like to see (pregnant and anemic), (pregnant but not anemic),(not pregnantbut anemic), and (not pregnant and not anemic) with their corresponding reference limits in one table (see below). Is this applicable in SPSS to have frequencies, correlation etc. in such categorical variables? Any alternatives?

Please help. Thanks, Alice.

Anemic Non anemic Total Pregnant Non pregnant Total

Catch Emoticarolers in the act in this Christmas! Spread holiday cheers to your friends and loved ones via Yahoo! Messenger today! Get started at http://emoticarolers.com/