Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:33:51 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kevin Viel <citam.sasl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: R "Threatens" SAS, According to The New York Times

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:02:47 -0500, Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) <rjf2@CDC.GOV> wrote:

>there is precedent for calling other procedures from SAS: > >SAS-callable Sudaan

Since SAS can send commands to the OS, there are a variety of options. I was working on genotype determination (since base calling refers to intrepretation of the raw data to determine the nucleotide(s) present) that called a perl program and might have called PHRED (www.phrap.org), just to name a few. Let's not forget about DDE, either...

Journalist and reporters are not necessarily presenting an inference obtained from a sample that is supposed to reflect a target population. They sometimes provide material to read. Specifically, they quote people to capture the essence of a point or story, but that may not reflect the population.

Kevin