Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:22:45 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kevin Viel <citam.sasl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Delete End of String

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:06:01 -0500, Ken Borowiak <EvilPettingZoo97@AOL.COM> wrote:

> string2=prxchange( 's/\(G\)\s*$//o', -1, string ) ;

Does the SAS system's implementation use the /o option?

"The modified version of Perl regular expressions does not support

-Perl variables.

-the regular expression options /c, /g, and /o and the /e option with substitutions."

In my opinion, every SAS programmer would do well to learn at least the basics of regular expressions. If I am not incorrect, they have been around about the same amount of time as the SAS language. Regardless, they are quite a flexible and powerful too.

Kevin