Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:25:37 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         MichelleZ <michelle_zunnurain@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GPLOT options - footnote is overwriting the legends
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Jan 21, 12:34 pm, gerhard.hellrie...@T-ONLINE.DE (Gerhard Hellriegel) wrote: > The right place too look for are the device parameters in the GRAPH > documentation. There are many like HPOS, VPOS, HSIZE, VSIZE, .... > which all have influence on the graph. Also the legends and footnotes > could be changed in size. The first question is, where you want to see the > graph. Be careful with changing the device driver. The behaviour and > defaults are different, also the values you provide. So don't investigate > too much to fit your graph on the window, if you want to present it later > as GIF in a http page or you want to plot it on a plotter. The results > might be different! > It's nearly impossible to say something about the optimal parameter values > for your individual graph and environment. So best way is to check the > documentation for the possible parameters and experiment with them. If > your legends and footnotes together with the titles are too big, it might > be a good idea to place them at the left or rigt side... > > Gerhard > > On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:30:39 +0000, Anna Larbalestier > > > > <anna.larbalest...@BRISTOL.AC.UK> wrote: > >Hi > > >I've got a problem setting footnotes and legends. I have a plot and > >plot2 statement as I have two scales, each of which has 3 overlayed > >plots (so 6 in total). I'm defining two legends, one for each y axis, > >and using the origin option on the legend statement to shuffle these so > >that they sit next to each other rather than underneath each other, i.e. > >Legend1 Legend2 > >- one - one > >- two - two > >- three - three > > >However, when I add footnotes, it puts the footnotes on top of the > >legends, making both unreadable. I can't find anyway to prevent this. > >Does anyone know why this is happening and how I stop it? > > >Thanks very much > > >Anna > > >-- > >========================================= > >Anna Larbalestier > >Research Associate in Medical Statistics > >Bristol Heart Institute > >Level 7, Bristol Royal Infirmary > >Bristol > >BS2 8HW > >tel: 0117 342 2445 > >email: anna.larbalest...@bristol.ac.uk- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

Anna,

Try increasing the page margins.

options leftmargin=1in rightmargin=1in topmargin=1in bottommargin=1in;

MZ