Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:17:00 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Meekings <rmeekings01@YAHOO.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Reduce SAS dataset size

Mahesh,

Further to Jack's suggestion, if it is performance, rather than space you are interested in, then you will not go far wrong by searching for articles by Margaret Crevar, such as HappyIT.

These tend to go into quite a bit of depth (do I really need to know the stripe width on my RAID array, you may ask). For quick wins it may be worth checking the values of bufsize, bufno and sortsize as these can all help. You may also consider using the tagsort option if you are sorting large datasets.

I hope this helps,

ProcMe