Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:57:08 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Matthew Pettis <matt.pettis@THOMSONREUTERS.COM>
Subject:   SAS/ACCESS - Oracle: setting field lengths in SAS datasets returned from passthrough

Hi,

I have a CLOB coming back from an Oracle passthrough query that is >1024 in length. How do I specify that my receiving variable in a SAS dataset be longer than 1024 characters to accommodate this? By default, I get SAS thinking that this is 1024 characters, when it is really a CLOB and I want to set some large default length on this variable length...

Thanks, Matt