Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:55:20 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         hd <heenagd@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      compare
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello,

I am using proc compare to compare to two datasets

proc compare base=names5yr compare=names out= compares run;

The output dataset is compares and it looks like this

TypeofObservation ObservatioNumber varname DIF 1 ... DIF 2 ... DIF 3 ....

If I want to create a dataset counting number of rows that varname is not blank (ie is not ....) how do I do this?

Thank you soo much!