Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:29:19 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ligia Buia <ligia.buia@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   sas/insight spline fit statistics

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to interpret the statistics provided when I do a spline fit of my biological marker vs. time data. My specific questions are: Does my large MSE (GCV) tell me that there really is no trend? What constitutes an "acceptable" MSE? Should I be worried that my r-square value is so small? Here is part of my output:

c value: 0.3673 smoothing parameter: 0.1260 df: 8.3 r-square: 0.0456 mse: 69018 mse (gcv): 71724.288

Any help would be greatly appreciated!