Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:43:05 +0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Yuntao_Dou (BJ)" <Yuntao_Dou@SMICS.COM>
Subject:      =?GB2312?Q?=B4=F0=B8=B4:?= SAS code line maximum length 960

Firstly, we had better avoid to have one line that is greater than 960 chars longs for it is not a bood programming habit Secondly, we can use program editor instead of enhanced one to bypass the issue.

Best Regards

Yuntao Dou/21515 Northern Product/BJ YMS Semiconductor Manufacturing International corporation(Beijing) 中芯国际集成电路制造(北京)有限公司 No.18 Wenchang Road,Beijing Developing Area,Beijing China. 中国北京市亦庄经济技术开发区文昌大道18号(100176) E-mail: yuntao_dou@smics.com telephone:010-67855000-21515

-----原始邮件----- 发件人: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU]代表 Lou 发送时间: 2009年2月24日 9:29 收件人: SAS-L@LISTSERV.VT.EDU 主题: Re: SAS code line maximum length 960

"Kenneth M. Lin" <kenneth_m_lin@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1EEol.17586$yr3.11899@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com... > Wouldn't it be easier to break down your SQL code into several chunks/steps > instead of waiting around for a response? You didn't provide your code but > I am suspecting that you are listing a lot of variables names.

It doesn't matter how many variable names are being used, what matters is that whatever it is is strung out on one (1) line that's greater than 960 characters long.

No matter how you slice it, that's not a great way to write code - by the time you've scrolled that far to the right, you can't see what's back there in the beginning of the line on the left.

Instead of writing:

proc sql; create table fee as select fie, fo, fum from ismell order by the, blood, of, an, englishman; quit;

write your code as