Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:29:35 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "F. Danjou" <fabdanjou@TISCALI.IT>
Subject:      Cox models on subgroups

Dear everybody,

I need help regarding a statistical problem for which I couldn't find any answer yet.

I realized 5 different Cox proportional hazards models for 5 outcomes that represent 5 subgroups of my sample (discontinuation for functional remission, discontinuation for other reasons, discontinuation for side effects, etc...). I do not compare my Cox models between each others, my interest is only to individuate predictors for each outcome, which I did according to the evolution of likelihood ratio for each model. However each different Cox model regards a different subgroup of my population against the rest, so that I have the doubt that I might have to adjust my models for something like "multiple testing".

Do I need to adapt in a certain way my different models? If yes what should I adapt, as the only statistic I have for each model is a likelihood ratio and I do not have any overall statistic (that actually does not interest me as I do not want to compare models between them)? And again, if yes, do I have to report in a way the eventual correction on predictors p values within each model ?

Thank you very much in advance, best regards,

Fabien.