Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:16:15 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stephen Mandel <stephe36@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Proc Greplay in 9.2

Anders, This indeed solved my problem. Using gout as well as igout on proc greplay now seems to be necessary in 9.2 where it was not in 9.1.3.

Thank you very much.

Stephen Mandel

Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:09:01 +0100 From: Anders Mørup Jensen <amo@SSI.DK> Subject: Re: ODS PDF Proc Greplay version 9.1.3 vs. 9.2

Hi Stephen,

I reported a similar problem to SI resulting in the following SAS Problem Note:

PROC GREPLAY will hang when the IGOUT= and GOUT= options on the PROC GREPLAY statement point to different catalogs. This problem only occurs when multiple graphs are created with a single SAS/GRAPH procedure (for example, when using a BY statement). Once the SAS session hangs, the only option is to terminate the SAS session using Windows Task Manager.

To circumvent the problem, make sure that the IGOUT= and GOUT= options on the PROC GREPLAY statement point to the same catalog. Since the default catalog for the GOUT= option is WORK.GSEG, the following PROC GREPLAY statement will hang the SAS session:

proc greplay igout=gc1 nofs tc=sashelp.templt template=l2r2;

To correct the problem, add the GOUT= option to the PROC GREPLAY statement, making sure that the GOUT= option points to the same catalog as the IGOUT= option. Here is an example:

proc greplay igout=gc1 gout=gc1 nofs tc=sashelp.templt template=l2r2; <<<

I think this might be relevant to your problem.

/ Anders